Baja California.. South to North in silly season


Baja California, North to South in silly season..

I say silly because its silly hot in June, 40 degrees plus most places during the day, with a special mention for the East coast where the Gulf of California's Sea of Cortez has zero wind to cool the place down. The temperatures there (and inland) are just phenomenal.. This is the desert in summer after all, but you can't be everywhere in the best season all the time.

Below is my route from South (ferry from Topolobampo on the mainland to La Paz, SE Baja) to North (Tecate border with USA). I spent 2.5 weeks in Baja, I had allowed a month but the heat drove me to continue quicker.

Here's the route below followed by a some photographs starting from Southern Baja.






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copper Canyon - Barrancas del Cobre - the long trip via pavement

Journey complete - a bittersweet ending in Canada

Overlanding Camping Lesson 101