Seat Modifications - Mexican style

How ive got this far I dont know but during the 280km of todays ride I 'hit the wall' with only so much sore arse-ness I could take.

Ive been thinking about the seat for so long.

I arrived here in Mazatlan, went to auto store fully expecting to buy something or another, butcher it, duct tape it/butcher the moto seat.. and got chatting to the sales fella who actually pointed me in the direct of an upholsterer who operates out of his house just down the rd.

I go there, he says sure I can fix it, come back at 16.30.. I did, it took about 45minutes. He used a machete to cut the foam which I found hilarious, replaced my hard as nails foam with new softer foam, put another thin layer over the top, put the same viynl cover back on... Listo! Job done.

For this and some funny chat, I paid a grand total of 250 pesos..

Hes called Eluit and operates out of his house on the corner of Raphael Buelna Tenorio and Playa Huatalabampito. No english but if you dont speak spanish, well im sure you can muddle through. I mean, what else can you possibly want turning up an an upholsterers and pointing at your bike seat?!





After this, I decided to go all out so I went to Walmart down the road and bought a fluffy bathmat and padded non slip shower pad and chucked that over the top. Oh and I tucked my trusty alpaca cushion in there too.. hopefulley my arse will be saved!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copper Canyon - Barrancas del Cobre - the long trip via pavement

Journey complete - a bittersweet ending in Canada

Overlanding Camping Lesson 101