Bike photos and kit update


Well then, heres the bike all packed up for Stage 2. This lot should see me through jungles, deserts, beaches and high altitude mountain terrain, rain or shine.  Although, truth be told, I much prefer shine!

I imagine the weight to be about 35kg, and I have the following:

  • Kriega Overlander 30 (15l each side) panniers on the back.
  • The Two 40l Lomo bags on the back seat (yellow) and the rack (black). Held down with rock straps on one and some straps on the other (not the ratchet type - the one with just teeth?).
  • The 3l bladder (in the red neoprene bag) bungied on the yellow bag.
  • My trusty arse saving Alpaca fur on the seat (actually now stuffed with a car wash mitt too). 
  • Tank saddlebags (self made) - I bought these two ´´motorcycle leg bags´´ off ebay and just put them together, changing the straps a little to take out the elastic they originally had.  


Everything is working well so far.  Ive got 110 litres altogether, although im not packed out entirely.

In the Kriega panniers are my tools/spares/food items/hammocking kit (hammock, tarp, mossie net, ropes and ´´underblanket´´).

In the black Lomo bag, I have my 2 man Vango tent, fancy lightweight camp bed (a chinese knockoff modelled on a thermarest one), 4 season down sleeping bag, warm clothing, gas stove and water filter.

In the yellow Lomo bag is my general clothing, towel, medicines, toileries, electronics and cables, hiking boots, couple of books etc.

In the tank panniers are just liner gloves, a buff, couple of rags, a cable to connect the phone to USB charger, some cereal bars, sunnies and some room for fruit.

Bingo! Should be right for a few months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copper Canyon - Barrancas del Cobre - the long trip via pavement

Journey complete - a bittersweet ending in Canada

Overlanding Camping Lesson 101