Back on the road for Phase 2



Well, the adventure begins once more. Its been about ten days since I flew out to Cancun, Mexico from Manchester, UK and I've had a few mishaps and wins already! Here's a quick update so far:

1\ Bike required some revival after a year of being in storage, having rode it for some time after jumping it, the battery was not holding charge so I went and bought a new one and the bike was good as new. After a service and the fitting of a new chain set, sorti g out a new luggage system and fitting a new USB chargerI'd brought from the UKwe were ready to.

There was, however some drama with missing\stolen lock up keys & bike keys & my leather man multitool - this eventually sorted itself out with me having the lock up\garage locks grinded off an getting a new set of bike keys cut.

2\ Have been beaching at Playa de los Ninos, Cancun, Island Mujeres, Island Blanca & right now in beautiful Bacalar. Adjusting to the heat and browning my body is a must! This has practical reasons too.. So I dont look like I've juststepped off the plane.

3\ Visited Valladolid town and Chichen It Za Mayan Ruins.

4\ Am back to sleeping in my hammock after leaving the hostal in Cancun 😁.

5\ Im learning that adjusting to the heat wearing all my riding gear may take some time. Palletarias (for refreshing drinks and ices) are my new best friends.

6\ My Spanish continues to both amaze and disappoint me depending on who I'm talking to.. But it can be amusing and I do get stuff sorted out. I'm currently speaking on the phone to a limited extent and the past tense I'm picking up.

7\ Im making friends along the way - one might say the bike is quick the magnet for Mexicans and foreigners alike. Its nice to talk to ppl along the way.. I sort of forgot about that.

8\ Today I went to the Belize\Mex border to obtain my TIP (Temp. Import Permit for the bike - like it's visa). This is  necessary to travel out of the free state of Quintanaroo I'd stored the bike for the last year. Also there's a 400 USD bond\deposit to post (via credit card). I'd been aiming to do this today as it's Sunday.. Generally the best days for border crossing I've found.

Happy days with this one as I'd sort of imagined abit of a nightmare with the bike not having any papers from when I crossed from Belize a year ago. Absolutely no bother at all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copper Canyon - Barrancas del Cobre - the long trip via pavement

Journey complete - a bittersweet ending in Canada

Overlanding Camping Lesson 101