Winter Has Come


Well, as far as im concerned anyway. We all have varied levels of tolerance for the cold and mine is lets just say, not the highest, or most moderate for that matter.

The last few days ive seen the temperature in Whistler drop to 12degrees in the day and maybe 5deg at night. This makes me unhappy, considering my happy temp is 25+deg in the day, and not below 15deg at night.

So, let the winterization begin.

1.
Im using my Keis heated vest now, ive carried the thing for the last 5 months since I landed in Mexico. Its fantastic - heat in all the right places, and fast too, super well fitted and comfy. The only issue is the control box which doesnt fit the pocket well, its really tight and uncomfortable in my (small sized) jacket pocket. I ditched it and went back to the standard connector cable instead. Its good, I just dont adjust the temp - its on or off (on high).


2.
I bought a windproof neck warmer - $15 from Princess Auto here in Canada.


3.
Handlebar pogeys! Yes they look super cool too! We had been looking for a pair in various moto shops that day and a chance encounter with two fellas called Alf ('the BMW guy') and Jep (the 'do you shave your legs?' guy) outside Honda in Kamloops saw Kevin and I accepting an invitation to change our newly purchased oil in his garage at home. This led to me asking if he knew where some pogeys could be obtained, to which he replied by grabbing a bag from the top of a tool chest and emptying out all 3 packets of Korean pogies he had in there! Thus, an exchange occurred,  agreeable to both parties and off Kevin and I rode with fresh oil changes and a set of fabulously warm fleece lined pogies each! Heres to strangers - woot!

Oh Alf, youre now 'the pogey pusher' guy - thanks again :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journey complete - a bittersweet ending in Canada

Overlanding Camping Lesson 101

'How do you wash?' Living off the motorcycle full time - Lesson 101